Have you thought about working with other professionals providing health care to patients? Are you a good team player? As a Clinical Medical Assistant you will work closely with patients and physicians; take vital signs, interview patients, record patient information, and provide point-of-care testing. Clinical Medical Assistants are projected to be among the fastest growing occupations in the next 5 years. This course will also provide you with the latest HIPAA regulations, the Electronic Health Record, and how to care for special populations.
This program includes a core Clinical Medical Assistant curriculum with an additional elective chosen by the student in one of our specialization tracks. The specialization course will dive deeper into the unique aspects of the field when working in specialized environments.
Employment opportunities learners may be prepared to obtain include: Medical Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant, Medical Records and Health Information Technician, and Medical Transcriptionists. Course graduates may seek employment at locations such as state, local, and/or private hospitals, private practice physician offices, nursing care facilities, and outpatient care centers.
Upon completing this program students will learn to:
- Define the daily procedures performed by the physician and medical assistant
- Identify the proper guidelines of obtaining vital signs and patient information
- State the methods of the administration of medication and intravenous therapy
- Define the various guidelines for performing phlebotomy and microbiology charges
- Identify the standard guidelines for OSHA, sterilization, and disinfection